What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana National Health Protection Scheme also stands for Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Arogya Yojana. It is national health insurance that is funded by the Government of India whose goal is to offer free access to health insurance to the people whose income is low or to the low-income earners of the country.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana was launched date on 23 September 2018 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. That ministry, later on, established the National Health Authority as an organization to administer the program. It is jointly funded by the union and state governments and through providing the services to 50 crore people it is known as the world’s largest government-sponsored health care program. In this program, the budget used by the government was ₹8,088 crore (US$1.0 billion) (2021-2022). According to statistics, the bottom 50% of the country qualifies for this scheme.
Program access is used by the people by their own primary care services from a family doctor. Anyone who needs additional care offers free secondary health care for the people who need special treatment and tertiary health care for those requiring hospitalization.
History About Ayushman Bharat Yojana
1. Global Burden of Disease Study in 2017 reported major diseases for every state there was a risk factor from 1990 to 2016.
2. Government Health Policy brought a lot of interest because there were major health challenges that the could government can address.
3. According to the Indian Government every year more than six crore people are forced into poverty.
4. Firstly Indian Government launched the Ayushman Bharat Yojana as a universal health care plan in February 2018 in the 2018 Union Budget of India.
5. Applications were opened for the hospitals by an empanelment process in the month of June 2018. In July 2018 it was told that people can access it benefits through Adhaar also but there was a process to access without an identity card.
6. It was firstly established on 23 September 2018 at Ranchi, Jharkhand. Later on, it was expanded to the Union Territories of Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh by December 2020.
Benefits under PM-JAY
Government-funded schemes of insurance provide a limit cover up to 3 lakhs only. Whereas, Ayushman Bharat Yojana offers to cover up to 5 lakhs along with cashless medical treatment to both public and private hospitals in India. Every family can who refers to Ayushman Bharat Yojana eligibility criteria can afford this sum for the secondary as well as tertiary care conditions.
Expenses incurred on the following medical treatment –
* Food services
* Accommodation benefits
* Pre- hospitalization expenses
* Non-intensive and intensive care services
* Medical implementation services
* Cost of medicine and medical consumables expenses
* Medical examination, treatment, and consultation
* Diagnostic procedures and lab investigation charges
Eligibility Criteria for the Rural and Urban People
As we know, families all over the country offer health care under PM-JAY. For the rural areas, eligibility criteria depend upon the individual living conditions, income, and other deprivation. For the urban areas,it depends on the individuals’ occupation.
Eligibility Criteria: Rural
According to National Sample Survey Organisation, around 85.9% of people do not have access to health care plans. About 24% of rural population facilities by borrowing money.
This program is beneficial to underprivileged households. Families enrolled in Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana will be covered by the PM-JAY.
This health facility is available to :
* Primitive tribal communities
* Manual scavenger families
* Families with no individuals between ages of 16 years and 59 years
* Beggars and those surviving on alms
* Legally released bonded laborers
* People belonging to scheduled caste and scheduled tribe families
Eligibility Criteria: Urban
As per National Sample Survey Organisation, over 18% population can afford health facilities by borrowing money. As per the PM-JAY scheme, as the funding provided ₹5 lakhs per family, these people can avail of health care services. This program or we can say this Ayushman Bharat Yojana is beneficial to the workers’ families in the urban areas. However, families enrolled under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) which covers the PM-JAY scheme.
PM-JAY scheme in the urban areas can be availed mainly by:
* Washerman/ chowkidar
* Domestic help
* Rag pickers
* Mechanics, electricians, and repair workers
* Sanitation workers, gardeners, and sweepers
* Home-based artisans and handicrafts workers
Steps for Ayushman Card Registration Form
* This is a welfare scheme under which Ayushman Card is distributed to needy people.
* For the registration of the Ayushman Card opens its official website @pmjay.gov.in.
* After that, providing of ₹ 5 lakhs is free under this PM-JAY scheme.
* To get the PM Ayushman Bharat Card, you should have your mobile number, Adhaar card, and Address.
* Once you applied for your Ayushman Card, keep checking for the status until it’s approved.
* After approval or once your card is approved, then you can download the Ayushman Bharat Card PDF.
Eligibility for Ayushman Bharat Card
* Age limit between 16 years to 59 years must be beneficial
* SC or ST category of applicants are eligible
* You must have to complete the Ayushman Bharat Card Registration Process as mentioned below
* Approval of card must be shown at the kiosk to get Health Benefits
* Families which are eligible for Ayushman Card have income less than 2.5 lakh per year.
Benefits of Ayushman Bharat Card
This Yojana is being established by the Government of India. However, it provides welfare to the citizens. The benefit of using this card is to get cashless treatment from empaneled hospitals. It is a paperless procedure adopted to deliver the services.
The most important benefit is that you can get free treatment of ₹5 lakh from any government hospital or listed hospitals on the official website.
# Apply for the Ayushman Card Registration. — Click here
# Apply for an online Ayushman Card —- Apply now here
# Ayushman Card status check – Click here